Tour Code: R-022
Reef Daytripper is a 13-metre catamaran with a maximum of 20 guests and a crew of 3. This is one of the best passenger-to-crew ratios you’ll find amongst the Cairns Reef fleet. For those who want to escape the crowds and get maximum personal attention, this could well be your ideal reef tour.
After sailing / cruising to Upolu Reef on the outer edge of the Great barrier Reef, you’ll have 4 hours to snorkel and dive. Daytripper goes to two different locations on Upolu Reef.
With its location at the outer edge of the Barrier Reef, Upolu Reef is washed by the crystal clear currents of the Pacific Ocean. Here you’ll see a dazzling array of marine life inclusing swirling schools of small colourful fish and vibrant corals.
Divers will get two scuba dives and snorkelers can opt to do an Introductory Dive. At the first reef location you’ll be offered a guided snorkel tour. Here you can see turtles, giant clams, sea stars and a wide variety of coral fish in all the colours of the rainbow.
Reef Daytripper takes about 2 hours to get back to Cairns. If you like you can join and help the crew or just enjoy relaxing in the bow-nets.
A Great Choice Because...
- Small tour numbers (max 20 people)
- Great passenger-to-crew ratio, more personal attention
- 2 different snorkel/dive locations on Outer Reef
- Hands-on sailing if you want to, or relax and sunbathe
- Stretch out in the bow-nets
- Back platform gives easy access to the water for snorkelers and divers
- Flotation devices such as vests and noodles for non-confident swimmers
- Free snorkel tour
- All snorkelling equipment & tuition
- 4 hours snorkeling / diving at reef locations on Upolu Reef
- Reef Education Presentation
- Tropical Buffet Lunch
- Guided snorkel tour
- PADI scuba demonstration (Introductory Divers)
- EMC (Reef tax)
- Wine, Cheese and Tropical Fruit served on return journey
- Reef Daytripper departs at 08:00 am every day from Cairns Marlin Marina (D Finger)
- Boarding at 07:45 am
- Returns to Cairns between 04:45 pm and 05:00 pm.
Our Reef Destinations:
Two locations on Upolu Reef on the Outer Great Barrier Reef
- Introductory Dive or Certified Dives
- Hotel Transfers
- Wetsuit / Stinger Suit Hire