Tour Code: R-013
Raging Thunder Fitzroy Island Activity Pass 2 is a fantastic way to experience this green tropical island set in turquoise seas just 45 minutes from Cairns. Fitzroy Island is one of the most unspoiled islands on the Great Barrier Reef and is a must-see on your trip to Cairns.
Once part of the mainland, until rising sea levels cut it off during the last Ice Age, the island is mountainous, with a dense cover of untouched tropical rainforest and is surrounded by beaches, fringing reefs, and the turquoise waters of the Coral Sea.
There are plenty of things to do on your Raging Thunder Fitzroy Island tour. You can hire a range of equipment on the Island itself (from either the Dive Shop or the Beach Hut) including:
- Snorkeling gear
- Scuba diving gear
- Kayaks with clear Perspex bottoms for coral viewing
- Stinger suits
- Glass Bottom Boat rides
- Ocean Trampoline
- Stand-Up Paddle Board
- Aqua Jets
N.B. The beaches near the jetty are formed from broken coral, accumulated over thousands of years. This is a very difficult surface to walk on so thongs, flip-flops, sandals, or crocs are a must!
Raging Thunder Fitzroy Island Activity Pass 2 is an ideal day trip for families. The coral is only metres from the beach, which means that children can learn to snorkel at their own pace.
- Return Ferry Transfers on a high speed ferry
- Picnic lunch
- Snorkel AND Glass bottom boat hire
- Use of all other beach hire equipment (subject to availability)
- Departs daily at 09:00am from Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal. Check-in is 08:00 to 08:30am
- Returns to Cairns at approximately 05:15pm
- Transfers available ex Cairns or Northern Beaches accommodation
- 08:00 am – Check in at the Reef Fleet Terminal
- 08:45 am – Depart for a scenic cruise to Fitzroy Island,
- 09:30 am – Arrival at the Island, visit Beach Hire Hut to arrange either Glass Bottom Boat tour or snorkel equipment
- 12:30 pm – collect picnic lunch
- 04:30 pm – Board Ferry for return trip (NB. Snorkeling equipment must be returned to Beach Hire Hut no later than 03:15 pm)
- 05:15 pm – Arrive in Cairns
Our Reef Destination
Fitzroy Island fringing coral reefs, home to a range if marine life including clown fish and green sea turtles.