Tour Code: R-012
Raging Thunder Fitzroy Island tour takes you to one of the most beautiful, unspoiled islands on the Great Barrier Reef, located just 45 minutes from Cairns.
Once part of the mainland, until rising sea levels cut it off during the last Ice Age, the island is mountainous, with a dense cover of untouched tropical rainforest and is surrounded by beaches, fringing reefs, and the turquoise waters of the Coral Sea.
A gem of the Great Barrier Reef, Fitzroy Island is a must-see on your Cairns trip.
There are plenty of things to do on your Raging Thunder Fitzroy Island tour. You can hire a range of equipment on the Island itself (from either the Dive Shop or the Beach Hut) including:
- Snorkeling gear
- Scuba diving gear
- Kayaks with clear Perspex bottoms for coral viewing
- Stinger suits
- Glass Bottom Boat rides
- Ocean Trampoline
- Stand-Up Paddle Board
- Aqua Jets
N.B. The beaches near the jetty are formed from broken coral, accumulated over thousands of years. This is a very difficult surface to walk on so thongs, flip-flops, sandals, or crocs are a must!
Raging Thunder Fitzroy Island tour is an ideal day trip for families. The coral is only metres from the beach, which means that children can learn to snorkel at their own pace.
A Great Choice Because...
- Ideal reef trip for families and kids
- Budget reef trip
- Plenty of hire equipment on the beach
- Visually stunning!
- Return ferry transfers
- Snorkel OR Glass bottom boat hire
- Use of all other beach hire equipment (subject to availability)
- Picnic lunch
- Departs daily at 09:00am from Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal. Check-in is 08:00 to 08:30am
- Returns to Cairns at approximately 05:00pm
- Transfers available ex Cairns or Northern Beaches accommodation
- 08:00 am – Check in at the Reef Fleet Terminal
- 08:45 am – Depart for a scenic cruise to Fitzroy Island,
- 09:30 am – Arrival at the Island, visit Beach Hire Hut to arrange either Glass Bottom Boat tour or snorkel equipment
- 12:30 pm – collect picnic lunch
- 04:30 pm – Board Ferry for return trip (NB. Snorkeling equipment must be returned to Beach Hire Hut no later than 03:15 pm)
- 05:15 pm – Arrive in Cairns
Our Reef Destination
Fitzroy Island fringing coral reefs, home to a range if marine life including clown fish and green sea turtles.