Tour Code: R-004
Compass Cruises gives you up to 4 hours snorkelling at two different Outer Reef locations, Hastings reef and Breaking Patches. Enjoy the stunning coral formations and the glittering colours of the coral fish. An unforgettable day and the best deal in Cairns for budget-conscious travellers.
Clown fish, giant clams and turtles are just some of the things you can expect to see on this reef trip. Compass is a small boat (maximum 80 passengers) so you’ll get much more individual attention than on the big boats. The crew are very knowledgeable, welcoming, friendly and helpful and passionate about what they do. Although this is a budget reef trip, many people say they had a better time on Compass than on the more expensive trips.
- Two fantastic reef locations
- Snorkelling equipment included
- Up to 4 hours at the reef
- BBQ lunch with fresh salads and fruit platter
- Assistance for non-confidant swimmers
- Flotation devices in children and adult sizes
- All Reef Taxes and Levies
- Complimentary tea & coffee
Compass Cruises departs daily from Berth 18, Cairns Marlin Marina at 8:00 am. Boarding commences at 7:30 am. Boat returns to Cairns at approx. 5:30 pm.
- 07:30 am – Check in direct to Compass at Marlin Wharf Berth
- 08:00 am – Depart Marlin Marina Cairns to the Outer Great Barrier Reef
- 10:30 am – Arrive at your first Great Barrier Reef Location. Snorkel with thousands of colourful tropical fish, giant clams, coral gardens, inquisitive moray eels and massive potato cod
- 12:30 pm – BBQ Lunch with fresh salads
- 01:00 pm – Cruise to 2nd Reef Location. Snorkel in shallow water over dazzling coral, sea fans and black coral trees
- 03:00 pm – Boomnetting (weather permitting)
- 03:30 pm – Depart the Great Barrier Reef, with wine, cheese & biscuits
- 05:30 pm – Approximate arrival time at Cairns Marina
Our Reef Destinations
- Hastings Reef – known for its dazzling schools of colourful coral fish, this site is also famous for it’s Giant Clam Gardens, inquisitive Moray Eels and huge coral
- Breaking Patches – situated near Michaelmas Cay, in these shallow lagoons you can see forests of corals, large Sea Fans and Black Coral Trees.
- Virgin Reef – schools of glittering tropical fish, spectacular coral, harmless Bronze Whaler Sharks and Manta Rays.
- Long Bommie Reef – Barracuda, Coral Trout, Red Bass, Sweetlips, Lionfish and green sea turtle!